ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
General provisions as to protection of wages, contracts of employment and
terms and conditions of employment
Protection of wages
1. Manner of payment.
2. Agreement as to place and manner of spending wages illegal.
3. Wages not to be paid on certain premises.
5. Deductions (including deductions for overpayment of wages).
6. Authority of employer to open shop.
Contracts of employment
7. Written particulars of tenns of employment.
8. Medical examination.
9. Contracts: general.
10. Transfer to other employment.
11. Termination of contracts by notice.
12. Common employment not a defence.
Terms and conditions of employment
13. Hours of work and overtime.
14. Provision of transport.
15. Periodicity of payment of wages.
1 6. Sick leave.
17. Duty of employer to provide work.
18. Annual holidays with pay.
19. Calculation of leave pay and sickness benefits.
Recruiters and recruiting generally
23. Prohibition of recruiting except under permit or licence.
24. Employer’s permit.
25. Recruiter’s licence.
26. Restrictions on recruiting.
27. Recruiting: miscellaneous provisions.
30. Expenses and maintenance.
32. Capitation fee.
Recruiting for employment in Nigeria
33. Procedural requirements.
34. Right to be accompanied by family.
35. Deferment of wages.
Recruiting for employment outside Nigeria
36. Power of prohibition.
37. International agreements.
38. Duration of contract and return passages.
39. Procedure prior to leaving Nigeria
40. Special terms and conditions of contra(,i.
41. Surrender of permits.
42. Embarkation check.
43. Exemption from customs on repatriation.
44. Right to be accompanied by family at employer’s expense.
45. Inducing recruiting by fraud, etc.
46. Neglect or ill-treatment
4 7 _ Other offences.
For full law download PDF, click the button below